Re: long lines in followups

From: Corey Wells
Subject: Re: long lines in followups
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:01:50 -0400

Tiu <putr@his.org> writes:

> Thank you. Using M-q is working but maybe now I'm making confusion of
> few things possibly because of aioe.org, quoted printable and other
> factors. Quoting the line from the example above (testing in fr.test
> btw) it goes yet to a new line. Is it because of quoted-printable?
> Lookin at the message the non ascii accented vowels I'm quoting are
> transformed like "=C3=A9". Seems like gnus reformat counting the chars
> and not those representations, am I wrong? Shoud I disable
> quoted-printable anyway?

(Reposting since it didn't seem to go through earlier)

I quoted a message in a.fr.test and it showed up fine. It filled the
text fine, as well. In addition, I posted a message to a.fr.test with
French text (from Wikipedia) with non-ASCII characters. I was able to
fill the text, post it, and view it without any problems.

Basically, it works for me. I am not using aioe, but rather my ISP's own
server (don't know if my ISP actually runs it, though). On Linux x86_64
with Emacs 24.2.

I'd try removing anything you might have added to try to get
international characters working (like quoted-printable) in order to see
if the defaults will work. Also try quoting different languages and
posts, since it might have been that the post you were trying to quote
was messed up in some way.

I don't know much about character encodings since I only read/post
English, but from what I understand, they can be a real pain in the
ass. You might want to check in with the folks over at #emacs #emacsfr
and #gnus on irc.freenode.net . They can tell you more than I can.