Re: Highlighted buttons in article mode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Highlighted buttons in article mode
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:56:46 +0200

>> Can I get the buttons in Article mode not to be highlighted? I
>> like them not to be, as I'd like them the same as the buttons
>> of rmail and the Emacs Help, but (unlike those) when I set the
>> face to one that isn't bold (I tried to just copy the face of
>> "button" to that of gnus-button), they're highlighted (bright)
>> just the same. I don't know why.
>
> `M-x describe-char' where you see the offending highlighting.
> That should tell you what face to customize.

Correct! `describe-char' revealed it is `widget-button' I should
configure, not `gnus-button'. Perhaps some inheritance issue? The
reason I tried with `gnus-button' is that that was the answer I
got with the below function to detect face. Perhaps it is not
reliable?

;; http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1242352
(defun what-face (pos)
  (interactive "d")
  (let ((face (or (get-char-property (point) 'read-face-name)
                  (get-char-property (point) 'face))))
    (if face (message "Face: %s" face)
      (message "No face at %d." pos) )))

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573