Re: Gnus state, feed commands

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus state, feed commands
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:54:00 +0100

wgreenhouse@riseup.net (W. Greenhouse) writes:

>> I "sort of" solved this. Check out the comments.
>
> Cool.

Well, it works but of all the cool things I did, I'm
not that happy with this particular hack, for the
reasons mentioned in the comments:

1. The visual switch between buffers - this is
   something that is done for the human eye, switching
   back and forth so a computer can do its (supposedly
   background) job doesn't make sense.

2. The setup of *three* hooks to do one thing: once
   there is a change, update the variable.

> An alternate approach ...

The strange (?) thing is, I don't understand any of
that. Are we using the same stuff to begin with, or am
I just plain stupid?

You can check out my Gnus setup (for mails, mailing
lists, and Usenet) here [1]. If you can confirm we are
using the same stuff I'll make a second attempt to
understand your solution :)

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.emacs-gnus

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573