Re: Storing drafts on server

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Storing drafts on server
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 11:01:43 -0800

Philipp Haselwarter <philipp@haselwarter.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 28 2008 09:34 (@1206693264), Sébastien Vauban wrote:

>> And is there a way to map the Gnus `nndraft:drafts' folder onto
>> the IMAP `nnimap:INBOX.Drafts' one, so that I could easily
>> access my draft mails from another PC, when at home?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>
> this. yes, pretty please?

Yeah, that would be pretty nice...  And it shouldn't be that difficult
to do.  We can hook into the Message mode auto-saving stuff to save
using any method we want to.  But communicating with the IMAP server may
hang, so I'm not sure this would, in general, be the way to go.

I think it would make more sense to sync over the drafts to the IMAP
server using the forthcoming "cloud" functionality, where Gnus basically
stores everything on the IMAP server.