Re: RSS article with images from blogger causes Gnus to hang

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: RSS article with images from blogger causes Gnus to hang
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 17:31:05 -0700

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> I've subscribed to the news.gwene.org r-bloggers newsfeed and I've
> noticed that if the article links to blogspot.com png image, gnus
> kicks off an openssl client call on port 80 and it becomes
> unresponsive.

If you have the gnutls libraries installed, Emacs shouldn't need to use
any external programs to fetch HTTPS stuff.

I can't explain the hang, though.  `C-g' should kill the external
process anyway.  I'm not a Windows user, though, so I can't really help
with the hang.  Report the hang with `M-x report-emacs-bug'.