mail splitting.

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: mail splitting.
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:20:47 +0000

Now that I have a working gnus setup, I'm looking at sorting incoming emails
into separate folders. So I've been looking at 'nnmail-split' and 'fancy
splitting'. The code that I have been using below.

,----
| ;(setq nnmail-split-methods
|     ;'(

; ("mail.emacs" "^Subject:.*emacs")

; ("mail.org-mode" "^From:.*emacs-orgmode@gnu.org")

;("mail.personal" "^To:.*you@personal.example.com")

;("mail.errors" "^From:.*\\(mailer.daemon\\|postmaster\\)")
| ;  ))
|
| ; Use fancy splitting:
| ;(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
| ; Email splitting rules:
| ; (setq nnmail-split-fancy
| ; '(|
| ;  ("From" "\\(root\\|cron\\)@localhost" "system")
|                                                                       ;
        "system"  )
| ; (any "emacs-\\b\\(\\w+\\)@emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" "org-mode.\\1"))
`----

Currently nnmail-split has created 'normal' and 'bogus' folders, neither of
which I want. I want to continue using the default 'nnml.mail.misc' with
everything else being split out of it.

With fancy-splitting I can't get dynamic-splitting to work, although the code
come from gnus own documentation.

Which method is the easiest/better form of splitting to use? Is there better
code to use for mail splitting available please? How can I use mail-splitting on
email already recieved? How can I merge 'normal' and 'bogus' into my
'nnml.mail.misc' please?

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.1