Re: server, group, category, agent... can I download headers? or otherwi

From: David Hume
Subject: Re: server, group, category, agent... can I download headers? or otherwise prevent having to wait everytime I click on a group?
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 11:53:54 +0100

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

> The first one is not too bad, because I shouldn't want to browse the list of
> groups to often.

My solution to this was to get a copy of the active file and then I
wrote a macro to put the subscribe command around each line like this:

(gnus-subscribe-interactively "gnu.gnusenet.test")

So then I can just put the cursor under the group I want to subscribe
to, and then type ctrl-x ctrl-e and it will execute the command (or
evaluate the expression perhaps is the correct term). I am
sure there is a better way but I don't know.