Re: why not just .newsrc?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: why not just .newsrc?
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 00:38:40 +0200

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> I have good experience with ...
>
> (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-group-save-newsrc 5 2)

Yes, the idle-timer can be used but I would prefer if
it just saved every time I did something that should be
saved.

When exiting a summary buffer, for example, I most
often have r'd (or !'d) some articles, and naturally I
would like that reflected in the group buffer next time
I visit it. That I had solved with:

(gnus-summary-save-newsrc)

in gnus-summary-exit-hook, but there are many cases
like that, for example gnus-group-catchup-current.

It would be cool if it could be configured once! Did
anyone do work on that?

Again, the reason I like this isn't because any care
(or the opposite) for newsrc and dribble, it is rather
I would like the Gnus I see and use to be instantly
responsive and consistent the moment a change is made.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573