Re: rendering HTML: how to disable

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: rendering HTML: how to disable
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:38:31 +1100

>> at this stage i'm not seeing any images and am happy with the suggested
>> solution (i.e. mm-discouraged-alternatives setting)
>
> I'm still curious about what you think Gnus is downloading behind your
> back when you view an HTML email in the default configuration.

turns out that was my misunderstanding of how things work; just reopened
that message again and inspected the article in raw format which shows
it's a multipart message (txt/html); when the html part was rendered the
1st time around i (wrongly) assumed the whole page was fetched from the
location pointed to by the URL (the URL was only visible in the
"filtered" mode);

on closer inspection the HTML part does contain pointers to the dreaded
1 pixel images and i'll be re-reading your finding about (whatever they
are called) variables controlling image loading

my apologies for the confusion