Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 12:41:16 +0100

Gijs writes:

>> I had a quick look at the comment, (but) I would appreciate more
>> documentation. For instance, I did not yet manage to add an event to
>> my diary file. (~/diary). Does that require org integration?

> But I did manage to get an appointment added to my org file after
> creating a * Calendar section in that file. Aha!

It has been a while since I got it set up, but here is my configuration:

    (require 'gnus-icalendar)

    ;; to enable optional iCalendar->Org sync functionality
    ;; NOTE: both the capture file and the headline(s) inside must already exist
    (setq gnus-icalendar-org-capture-file "~/org/calendar.org")
    (setq gnus-icalendar-org-capture-headline '("Calendar"))
    (gnus-icalendar-org-setup)

    (setq gnus-icalendar-additional-identities '("extra@example.com"
                                                 "somemore@example.com"))

I have also installed Emacs-Calfw, which enables a very nice view of
the org-mode calendar:

 * https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-calfw

Besides the usual M-x org-agenda-list.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Så skal man bare huske at netværk bliver lavet              Adam Sjøgren
  af ingeniører, RAM af computerfolk og harddiske        asjo@koldfront.dk