Re: Displaying Images in HTML Mail

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Displaying Images in HTML Mail
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:41:19 +0530

On Sun, Mar 01 2015,Les Harris wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for configuring Gnus to
> display images in HTML mail?
>
> Running Gnus v5.13 as shipped with Emacs 24.4.  EWW renders the HTML in
> the Message buffer fine but loads no images. If I go to a URL outside of
> Gnus using EWW it renders images fine.  I have set gnus-inhibit-images
> to nil in my Gnus config and yet I still have no images showing in the
> Gnus message buffer for an HTML mail.
>
> I have yet to find the relevant configuration for this so I thought I
> would ask and see if anyone knew.
>
> Any help appreciated, thank you.

On which OS is this?  On what platform is Emacs runnings,as the
Windows port has a few steps that you need to follow.

The following thread might be useful

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2015-01/msg00328.html

If you're able to see png/jpeg outside of gnus, then the above
instructions are moot.

 sivaram