Re: Is it possible to have two instances of the same group (from the sam

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have two instances of the same group (from the same news server)?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:30:15 +0200

N. writes:

> I realise that I could do this by subscribing to the group from two
> different news servers, but this particular group is only on one
> server, as far as I know.

I guess you could add the same news-server twice under different names.

I.e. having something like this in your gnus-secondary-select-methods:

        (nntp "current"
              (nntp-address "yournewsserver")) ; this is the same
        (nntp "archive"
              (nntp-address "yournewsserver")) ; ... as this

Then you should be able to subscribe to nntp+current:yournewsgroup and
nntp+archive:yournewsgroup and to Gnus they are on different servers, so
they have different tracking of read/unread etc.

Let us know if it works :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Accept the mystery!"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk