Re: Problem trying to get new email every 10 minutes automatically

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Problem trying to get new email every 10 minutes automatically
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 14:08:53 +0200

David Hume <David.Hume@example.com> writes:

> My guess is it is using run-with-idle-timer which
> behaves differently from what you would expect. If you
> do nothing in emacs for 10 minutes it might get mail.
> But if you press a key the timer is reset.
> Also I think after it has got mail it doesn't set the
> idle timer going again unless you do something.

I'm not getting it to work either:

(require 'cl)
(require 'gnus-demon)

(defvar *its*)
(setq *its* 0)

(gnus-demon-add-handler
 (lambda ()
   (incf *its*)
   (message "One second! %s" (make-string *its* ?.)) )
 1
 nil) ; IDLE; run every second regardless of user input

The function doesn't get called.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573