Re: S/MIME with OpenSSL?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: S/MIME with OpenSSL?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:38:03 +0000

>>> "Adam" == Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:

> Uwe writes:
>> This list of people with whom I communicate in S/MIME contains 8
>> individuals, for opengpg there is just 1.

> The list of people I have communicated using PGP contains 3 individuals,
> for S/MIME the number is 0.

I presume these persons have some software knowledge.

Did you try once to convince computer how shall I say illiterate to use
encryption?

Here is short table to show why it is much easier to use S/MIME for
such people.

operations S/MIME PGP
Inst of software no; included yes
Installation of plugin no; included yes
generation of keypair no; ask for a certificate yes
interchange of public keys simply send a sign message yes interchange