Re: syncing groups/topics arrangement between machines?

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: syncing groups/topics arrangement between machines?
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 22:47:14 -0700

> Benjamin Slade <slade@jnanam.net> writes:
>
>> I'm not certain where Gnus stores groups/topics
>> settings. I would like to be to sync group/topic
>> settings/arrangements between machines.
>> Is this possible?
>
> Do you mean as in _settings_ - i.e., preferences, or
> "configuration and extention" in the Emacs world?
>
> Then:
>
>     gnus-init-file
>
> (But note you can put your Gnus Elisp
> configs/extensions in *any* file and just `load' it
> manually if you feel there is a reason to.)
>
> Or do you mean as in _state_ - what groups you
> subscribe to, what messages you have read, etc?
>
> Then:
>
>     gnus-current-startup-file
>     gnus-startup-file
>
> Or do you mean something else?
>
> Then:
>
>     What do you mean?

So in the *Group* buffer, which looks like:

[ Gnus -- 9198 ]
  [ Emacs ]
       0:imap+mymail:emacs
       7:imap+mymail:sexy_emacs
  [ Work ]
    9000:imap+gmail:urgent_work
  [ misc ]
       89:imap+mymail:origami
etc., etc.

I have setup certain topics and arranged groups within them. Is there a
way to sync this between machines? Or is it something which needs to be
recreated by hand on each separate machine?

It doesn't look like Gnus is saving these settings in .emacs or anything.