Re: xdg-email vs browse-url-mail

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: Re: xdg-email vs browse-url-mail
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 10:31:51 +0200

Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> čálii:

No. Try 'echo "$@">/tmp/log' at the top of your mail script.

>> It seems to work with xdg-email, but when I use --attach to attach a
>> file, it just appears as an "Attach: /path/to/file" header instead of
>> the usual &lt;#part thing. After sending, nothing is attached to the
>> received message that I can tell. Is there a way to make browse-url-mail
>> do the right thing, or to make message-mode treat that "Attach:" line
>> correctly?
>
> Try this:

[...]

> (Note, that I have virtually no experience with elisp, so use at your
> own risk. :-)

That worked! And even handles multiple attachments correctly, even
though xdg-email uses multiple "attach" headers (which
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6068#page-6 warns against). Maybe open a
bug report on this? It looks like an improvement to me.

I don't know how attachments are handled by other mailto-users though –
multiple identical hfname's or some separator in the hfvalue like with
the "to" header?

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C