Re: How to make Emacs Gnus to get new mails automatically?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs Gnus to get new mails automatically?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 13:50:17 +0200

ST writes:

> Do you use IMAP?

No, not currently - I don't think it matters for this, though.

> BTW what is better IMAP or POP?

They are for different uses.

IMAP is for when you leave your emails on the server, which is
preferable when you want to have multiple email clients accessing the
same email.

POP is for downloading emails to a local machine, which usually means
only accessing them on that one machine.

Roughly.

  :-),

   Adam

--
 "We read all day and the teachers say,                       Adam Sjøgren
  that it's all for your brighter future days.           asjo@koldfront.dk