Re: Dynamically switching gnus-message-archive-group?

From: Arkady Grudzinsky
Subject: Re: Dynamically switching gnus-message-archive-group?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:12:39 -0700

On Fri, Sep 23 2016, Loris Bennett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I have two IMAP accounts, each on a different server, is there a way
> to switch
>
>   gnus-message-archive-group
>
> such that it depends on, say, the 'from'-address of the current
> gnus-posting-style?

Whatever you specify under your imap account pertains to that
account only:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnimap "imap1"
                (nnimap-address "imaps.server1.com")
                (gnus-message-archive-group "Archive")
                )
        (nnimap "imap2"
                (nnimap-address "imaps.server2.com")
                (gnus-message-archive-group "Archive")
        )

In this example, mail sent from the first account will go to
nnimap+imap1:Archive and mail sent from the second account will
go to nnimap+imap2:Archive.  This worked for me when I used Gnus
with two remote imap servers.

Gcc also controls where your sent mail is saved.  This can be
sent per group or globally in your .gnus

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SentMail

gcc-self can be of interest.

--
Arkady