Re: nnir-notmuch-engine setup with gnus/offlineimap/dovecot

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: nnir-notmuch-engine setup with gnus/offlineimap/dovecot
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:33:55 +0200

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> On 2016-09-30 08:59, Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>>> 2. Building dovecot with clucene and stemmer support for search
>>
>> Does this really work with nnimap-shell-program? I thought one has to
>> use the dovecot daemon for this?
>
> Yes,

Interesting - maybe I should try this sometime.
So the nnimap-shell-program stays the same with clucene and stemming?
Where do I have to enable clucene and stemming?

> but setting up a dovecot daemon is not too difficult and it has other
> advantages.

Yup - I am using homebrew on a Mac, and the daemon is just a click
away as I have the config file already.

> For instance, I have two email accounts, one is purely
> local and the other is synced using offlineimap, and I can easily
> access both of them (and search through both of them) by using two
> dovecot users.

Makers sense - and I thought about the same some tome ago.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug