Re: reading message/rfc822 on android gmail (possible repost)

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: reading message/rfc822 on android gmail (possible repost)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 19:15:11 +0200

serpentplayer@gmail.com writes:

> One of the people I email frequently usually reads her email on an old
> android laptop. (4.4.2).  When I send her a forwarded email, she can't
> see the attachment.
>
> Gnus (5.11 as packaged on ubuntu 14.04LTS) is sending forwarded mail as
> mime type message/rfc822 inline.  If I edit the message to make it
> "attached" instead of "inline", she can see it.
>
> Is there a workaround for this problem?

One thing you can do is to change the value of the variable
message-forward-as-mime:

,----[ C-h v message-forward-as-mime RET ]
| message-forward-as-mime is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is nil
| Original value was t
|
| Documentation:
| *Non-nil means forward messages as an inline/rfc822 MIME section.
| Otherwise, directly inline the old message in the forwarded message.
`----

as you can see, I have changed it to nil, so people using Microsoft
Outlook can see the text of the email directly included, instead of
having to click on an attachment (which is hard for some people in my
"environment").

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "If this is not what you expected, please alter your         Adam Sjøgren
  expectations."                                         asjo@koldfront.dk