Re: Define "Group" of mail recipients in Gnus?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: Define "Group" of mail recipients in Gnus?
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 13:49:25 +0100

Hello,

On 2016-11-10 16:40, "N. Raghavendra" <raghu@hri.res.in> writes:

>> This might be an org 9 problem, then. I'll have to investigate further.

I found out it's not an org problem, but a completion problem. If I use
ivy or helm, I get the bug, but if I use the default completion, things
work. I've asked for help on the emacs-devel mailing list on how to fix
this:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-11/msg00269.html

> If you aren't using helm, this is irrelevant to you, but just in case it
> is, I have the following also in my emacs configuration:
>
> ;; Don't use helm for org capture.  It gives an error if there is a
> ;; PROMPT in the capture template.  See
> ;; https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/1494
> (setcdr (assoc 'org-capture helm-completing-read-handlers-alist) nil)
>
> ;; Don't use helm in message mode.  It leaves white space at the end
> ;; when I complete a name with org-contacts.
> (add-to-list 'helm-mode-no-completion-in-region-in-modes 'message-mode)

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I use ivy
and there does not seem to be any equivalent setting. But now I
understand why things work for you: you actually use the default
completion in message mode.

Thanks again,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2016-10: 401.57, 2015-10: 398.29