Red Flag

From: Richmond
Subject: Red Flag
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 18:41:49 +0100

Using Seamonkey I can set a flag on a message. It appears pictorially as
a flag if I enable the flag column. This is IMAP. If I go into Gnus and
look at the same message in the summary articles it appears in purple in
xterm and it does not go away when read. This is very useful. But I
don't know how to set the flag in Gnus. Is there a way to do it? Where
are the flags actually stored? I am guessing not in the headers, I can't
see anything there.