Re: Can't access the gnu.* hierarchy using Gnus

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Can't access the gnu.* hierarchy using Gnus
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 14:18:45 -0400

Joseph Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

> I use Gnus 5.13 to read newsgroups (as well as mail).  I have
> recently encountered a frustration with regard to certain
> newsgroups -- in particular, those in the gnu.* hierarchy.  I am
> subscribed to them, but they do not show up in the *Group* buffer.
> When I bring them up by hitting L, they all show 0 for the number of
> postings, and when I call them up, they omit all recent postings.  In
> particular, gnu.emacs.gnus shows nothing since 24 September 2016, tho
> Google Groups (may its name be blotted out!) reveals a dozen more
> recent postings, the latest on 8 January 2017.  Gnus seemed to accept
> a posting by me, but it never appeared, there or on Google Groups.

8 January...Yikes

Using enews.newsguy.com...as a foreign server in gnus, I see your
message of 10:35 today on gnu.emacs.gnus and I see 5 since Jan 8, the
most recent being May 4

Sorry I'm not really helping with your request.  But thought you might
like the input about gnu.emacs.gnus.

Also, you might learn something by checking the server buffer with `^'
in group buffer.

But I kind of doubt anything there would make all messages appear as
old.