Gnus capitalizes non-header "from"

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: Gnus capitalizes non-header "from"
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:44:11 +0100

Hi,

I regularly encounter a bug in Gnus (or message) that I'd love to fix.
Given my very rudimentary experience with Elisp, I'd very much
appreciate some help on how to get started.

The bug occurs when I send an email message with an attachment that is a
Python source file.  Lines in that file that begin with "from" (or
perhaps just the first such line), get capitalized, as if they were a
SMTP header.  For an example see the message [1] that I've just sent to
a mailing list.

How would one set out to debug this?

Thanks,
Christoph