Re: Typo in doc string of `gnus-dependencies-add-header'?

From: N. Jackson
Subject: Re: Typo in doc string of `gnus-dependencies-add-header'?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 15:24:13 -0400

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the response.

At 10:00 -0700 on Sunday 2018-07-22, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> "N. Jackson" <nljlistbox2@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In Gnus v5.13 in GNU Emacs 27.0.50
>> Repository revision: f3f67cf0b9a6388d423e048a7aafad2eb531b5a5
>
> If you're using Emacs 27, you shouldn't be loading Gnus
> externally!

Hmm... what makes you think that I am?

As far as I am aware, I am not running an external Gnus. I can't
see anything in my configuration that would load an external Gnus,
I don't have any Gnus-related load path shadows, and in Package
Manager it says I have the "built-in" Gnus.

So I think (probably) that I am okay here.

> FWIW, the docstring of `gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates' now
> reads:
>
> "If non-nil, ignore articles with identical Message-ID headers."

Yes, I see that here too. To be clear, this is about the doc
string of the function `gnus-dependencies-add-header', not the doc
string of the variable `gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates'.

> Your bug may still be there, but it will be much more productive to
> investigate the Gnus code in Emacs' master branch.

I just went and double checked that. (You had me worried for a
moment!) But I am looking at the sources checked out from Emacs
master, so no worries there.

Thanks,
N.