Re: on selecting a region of articles to be marked for download

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: on selecting a region of articles to be marked for download
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:23:20 +0200

Robert Girault wrote:

> I'm experimenting Gnus in offline mode. In the
> summary of a group, I selected a region and
> expected that gnus-agent-toogle-mark or
> gnus-agent-mark-article would mark the all
> articles in the region, but they did not.
> So I have to mark one by one.
>
> How can I speed all that marking?

If you for some reason don't want to use the
prefix argument method, I have some Elisp to do
just what you want:

(defun gnus-summary-mark (char start stop)
  (interactive
   (let ((c (read-char "mark: ")))
     (if (use-region-p)
         (list c (region-beginning) (region-end))
       (let*((strt (point))
             (stp  (1+ strt)) )
         (list c strt stp) ))))
  (goto-char start)
  (beginning-of-line)
  (while (< (point) stop)
    (gnus-summary-mark-article (gnus-summary-article-number) char)
    (gnus-summary-find-next) ))

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573