Re: gnus-registry-marks; possible to search and filter for marks

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: gnus-registry-marks; possible to search and filter for marks
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 09:04:55 -0800

paul poulsen <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> hmmh does it mean there isn't a possibillity to do that?
> That will be sad...

I don't think it's impossible, it would just take some thinking. I once
experimented with caching article numbers in the registry, and that
helped, but I was sharing the registry between several Gnus
installations, which meant that the numbers conflicted. You could just
store the article numbers on first use, and not save them, but again
that reduces the usefulness.

All the other solutions I can imagine would require much more invasive
code changes.

Eric