Re: Idle Time to Poll Serve

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Idle Time to Poll Serve
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 19:25:25 +0100

As your approach is giving you problems, maybe it would make sense to
look into Gnus' demons?

 · http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_119.html#Daemons

I use this:

  ; Demon to fetch email every 5 minutes when Emacs has been idle for 5 minutes:
  (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-news 5 5)
  ; Demon to send queued email every other minute:
  (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-delay-send-queue 1 nil)
  (gnus-demon-init)

To my surprise, the manual doesn't mention gnus-demon-scan-news, which I
would think was the most obvious one to write about...

Hm, maybe it is obsolete? I guess this is the current way:

,----[ C-h f gnus-demon-add-rescan RET ]
| gnus-demon-add-rescan is an autoloaded compiled Lisp function in
| ‘gnus-demon.el’.
|
| (gnus-demon-add-rescan)
|
| Add daemonic scanning of new articles from all backends.
`----

?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Lidt som at skylle en pose lakridskonfekt ned med         Adam Sjøgren
  en flaske Kahlua, men det kan jo også have sin       asjo@koldfront.dk