Re: reading email via imap, make one virtual group consisting of all UNR

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: reading email via imap, make one virtual group consisting of all UNREAD mails in the imap folders
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 23:35:05 -0000

On Sat, Feb 01 2020, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>    > By default the query you tried just searches for the word "unseen" in
>    > messages in the group. Instead try using a prefix arg
>
>    > C-u G G
>
>    > then type "UNSEEN" in response to the "Query" prompt
>
>    > and type "imap" from the "Imap search in" prompt.
>
>    > If this works then you can create a persistent search.
>
> Aha thanks that worked for one single group, reading the documentation,
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Basic-Usage.html
>
> «Calling for an nnir search with the cursor on a topic heading will
> search all the groups under that heading. »

I've found out (in a recent build of emacs from master) that that's only
the case for the groups in the topic maked as 'permanently visible'.
Well, not sure if it's the *only* case, but my queries are looking only
at groups marked that way.

HTH,
jao
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.