Re: gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: gnus-registry-marks; Any chance to search or filter for?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 01:40:51 +0200

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> i want to search or filter with the registry-marks i set. Is this
> possible? I couldn't find a function for that in the gnus documentation.

I think you have to do it by hand.  Something like this should give you
the registry-marked messages in the current group:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(delq nil
      (mapcar
       (lambda (id) (cdr (gnus-request-head id gnus-newsgroup-name)))
       (cl-loop for key being the hash-keys of
                (oref gnus-registry-db data)
                using (hash-values v)
                when (cdr (assoc 'mark v))
                collect key)))
#+end_src

I'm using something like this in an :around advice of
`gnus-alter-articles-to-read-function' to automatically include all
registry marked messages in group summaries (similarly to ticked).

Michael.