How to pull a gnus feed thru a remote and use at local

From: reader
Subject: How to pull a gnus feed thru a remote and use at local
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 12:14:09 -0500

I'm sure the subject line is a bit questionable ... sorry.

I'm not quite sure what I'm asking here myself so please bare with a
bit.

I remember long ago I did something where when I asked gnus to get
news it was pulled from an account on remote machine that had a better
connection than my local.  I can't remember how I set it up.  I do
remember it involved ssh and possibly two ssh connections at once but
not sure how I arranged to get the news available on the remote and read
with localhost.

The remote account is just a common shell account with no root privs.

Anyone here have any experience similar to my terribly inadequate
description above?

Or, anyone who can just dream up how that might be done?