Re: Does Washing work for IMAP backend?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Does Washing work for IMAP backend?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:01:25 +0530

> It should -- as far as I know all the nnmail splitting/washing stuff
> happens on a _copy_ of the message buffer, ie you're not changing the
> actual underlying message, as the IMAP server sees it.

Hmm... I have this in my ~/.gnus.el. But nothing is happening. Are there
any other settings complementing the ones below?:

(custom-set-variables
 '(nnmail-list-identifiers
   '("[ABC Forum]")))
(add-hook 'nnmail-prepare-incoming-header-hook
          'nnmail-remove-list-identifiers)

I want to remove the string "[ABC Forum]" from the subject line.