mail splitting with mime-encoded headers

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: mail splitting with mime-encoded headers
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 16:47:20 -0600

What is the recommended way for dealing with mime-encoded headers when
splitting mail?  If I understand things correctly, Gnus looks at the raw
mails when splitting mail.  So it may see mime-encoded headers (from:,
to:, subject:, etc.)  which makes things like regexp-matching a less
straightfoward exercise.  I may be missing something.

(Of course, it gets more expensive to split a large number of mail
messages if first lots of mime-encoded headers need to be decoded.
I guess that's the price one needs to pay for using mime encoding.)

Thanks,

Roland