Re: removing authinfo data from a running emacs

From: Leo Butler
Subject: Re: removing authinfo data from a running emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 08:38:50 -0500

"Emanuel Berg via Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs
Usenet newsreader (in English)" <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:

> Leo Butler wrote:
>
>> Periodically, I need to edit my .authinfo.gpg and have gnus
>> pick up the changes. I do this by killing emacs and starting
>> a new session.
>>
>> Surely, there is a smarter way to do this! Can someone
>> enlighten me, please?
>
> (auth-source-pick-first-password :host "smtp.machines.eu")

Thank you, both.

For reference, after editing and saving .authinfo.gpg, the following
worked for me:

(auth-source-forget-all-cached)
(auth-source-pick-first-password :host "smtp.example.com")

IIUC, the first command flushes the password-data for .authinfo.gpg, so
the next call to `auth-source-search' causes a re-reading of
.authinfo.gpg (as happens in the second line).

Leo