Re: Generate and insert Face header from jpg file

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Generate and insert Face header from jpg file
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 12:15:13 +0200

Satoshi writes:

> (setq message-required-headers
>       (nconc message-required-headers
>              (list '(Face . (lambda ()
>                               (gnus-face-from-file "~/face.jpg"))))))
>
> But I couldn't generate and insert Face header at writing a mail.

What happens when you try? Do you get an error message?

You have chosen to use gnus-face-from-file and a JPEG - the
documentation says that it uses gnus-convert-image-to-face-command to
convert the image to PNG:

,----[ C-h v gnus-convert-image-to-face-command RET ]
| gnus-convert-image-to-face-command is a variable defined in ‘gnus-fun.el’.
|
| Its value is "convert -scale 48x48! %s -colors %d png:-"
|
| Command for converting an image to a Face.
|
| The command must take an image filename (first format argument
| "%s") and the number of colors (second format argument: "%d")
| as input.  The output must be the Face header data on stdout in
| PNG format.

`----

Do you have ImageMagick installed on your machine (i.e. the package that
contains the "convert" command)?

To eliminate that potential source of problems you could save the image
as a PNG and use gnus-convert-png-to-face instead.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "perhaps he does not understand that business needs        Adam Sjøgren
  to be run without idiot balloons or child games."    asjo@koldfront.dk