Re: Subscribing to nnimap folders that are subscribed on IMAP servers

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Subscribing to nnimap folders that are subscribed on IMAP servers
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 08:44:49 -0700

Ryan Kavanagh via "Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs
Usenet newsreader (in English)" <info-gnus-english@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use gnus as an IMAP mail client. I have folders marked as
> subscribed on my IMAP server (listed by LSUB). I would like to have gnus
> automatically subscribe to these folders, or at least list them so that
> I can manually subscribe gnus to them myself. How can I do so? I am
> using gnus 5.13 under Emacs 27.1.

Best to read the "New Groups" section of the Gnus manual: that will give
you the background on `gnus-check-new-newsgroups' (you could also read
its docstring), as well as methods of subscribing to new groups.

Let us know if that doesn't clear it up!

Eric