Re: Strip signature on reply without standard separator

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Strip signature on reply without standard separator
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 10:52:32 +0200

Satoshi Yoshida wrote:

> Hard to say, I want to read whole message (100%) in article buffer.
> Just on reply, I want to strip signature without
> "-- ".

It is a bit confusing to call them that. It is a local
redefinition by you. "HIH" for example isn't a signature if it
appears above "-- " or if there is no "-- ".

>> That kind of stuff you want can be done tho for sure, did
>> you check out this chapter:
>>
>>   (info "(gnus) Article Washing")
>>
>> Have a look at `article-translate-strings',
>> `gnus-article-strip-multiple-blank-lines', and
>> `gnus-article-prepare-hook' ...
>
> [...] Though my understanding is 50%, are these things
> useful for washing "sent from my iPhone" (for example)
> automatically in article buffer?

Yeah, maybe that's so common a wish it should be offered
built-in, even? Or is it?

I have this ...

(defun gnus-article-wash-more ()
  (interactive)
   (article-translate-strings
    '(("Skickades från E-post för Windows 10"       "")
      ("Sendt fra min iPad"                         "")
      ("Skickat från Yahoo Mail för iPhone"         "")
      ("--8<---------------cut"                     "")
      ("here---------------start------------->8---" "")
   (gnus-article-strip-multiple-blank-lines) )

;; (setq gnus-article-prepare-hook nil)
(defun gnus-article-prepare-hook-f ()
  (gnus-with-article-buffer
    (gnus-article-wash-more) ))
(add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook #'gnus-article-prepare-hook-f)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal