Re: How to subsribe to a general mailing list?

From: Eric S Fraga
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 13:25:07 -0000

The impression I have is that you wish to treat a mailing list as a
newsgroup.  Is this correct?  I just wish to clarify as these are two
very different animals.

A mailing list consists of a list of email addresses to which all
contributions are sent.  That's it.  There may be an archive for the
contents of the list.  There is no "server" per se.

What is it about the mailing list that you do not like or wish it would
do differently?

In gnus, you can split any emails that go to a specific list to a
different group and therefore treat it like a newsgroup in that all the
articles will be in the same place.

HTH,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.3