Multi frame setup: get frame autodeletion?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Multi frame setup: get frame autodeletion?
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 03:47:44 +0100

Hello,

I'm experimenting with multi frame setups for Gnus.  I want that
replying or mail composition is done in a fresh separate frame.  My
setup below works as expected - but after sending the message the frame
stays and its only window displays a different buffer.  I have do delete
the frame manually.  Is there a reasonable Gnus-specific way to get rid
of such frames automatically (i.e. after sending)?

This is my current setup:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defvar my-gnus-article-wconf
  '(if (> (frame-width) 95)
       '(vertical 1.0
                  (horizontal 1.0
                              (vertical 28 (tree 1.0))
                              (article 1.0))
                  (summary 10 point)
                  (when (> (frame-height) 50)
                    '("*BBDB*" 4)))
     '(vertical 1.0
                (article 1.0)
                (summary 8 point))))

(gnus-add-configuration `(article ,my-gnus-article-wconf))

(dolist (buf '(message post reply forward reply-yank))
  (gnus-add-configuration
   `(,buf (frame 1.0
                 ,my-gnus-article-wconf
                 ;; would be cool if one could somehow get the frame
auto-deleted once
                 ;; the message had been sent...
                 (vertical 1.0 (message 1.0 point frame-focus))))))
#+end_src

TIA,

Michael.