info-guix

Reminder: online Guix Day Conference

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Reminder: online Guix Day Conference
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 14:32:27 +0100

Hello guixers!

The first online Guix Day Conference on Sunday November, 22nd.  This
conference is open to everyone and will be held entirely online.  No
registration fee.

We have received only a few proposals.  Do not be shy!  Please drop us
an email with your ideas: what you would like to talk about or what you
would like to discuss.  We are looking for more talk proposals, as well
as people who are willing to lead discussion sessions with no talk
(BoF).

We previously asked you to send your proposal to guix-devel@gnu.org,
but we understand that a public mailing list might be intimidating.
Please send your proposals and ideas to guix-days@gnu.org instead, a
private alias for the organizers.

Important dates:

  + November 6th: Deadline for talk proposals
  + November 14th: Deadline for releasing your pre-recorded talks.
  + November 16th: Release of the schedule
  + November 22nd: Conference day!

16th to 21st: watch the talks!

The agenda for Sunday is:

  + pre-recorded talks with live question and answer sessions
  + birds of a feather (BoF) sessions
  + lightning round talks, if possible
  + hack together

Read more details at: