info-lilypond

lily 1.5.37

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: lily 1.5.37
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 03:36:06 +0100

Hi there,

we've had such a nice rhythm of new releases lately, I thought: let's
keep it up. .37 has a few bugfixes (among others the core-dump
bugfix), and it has some new spacing code, for spacing clefs, time
sigs, etc. (this is called prefatory matter, right? -- if someone
knows the official name please let me know.).

Oh, I have twiddled with the C and C/2 time sig glyphs, so be careful
with fonts.

Sleep well,

Han-Wen

2002-03-03  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * VERSION: 1.5.37 released

        * lily/key-signature-interface.cc (brew_molecule): rename from key_item
        left-align molecule.

        * lily/break-align-interface.cc (do_alignment): completely
        rewritten. Now it does not use Align_interface anymore, but a
        separate routine. Like StaffSpacing, it reads space-alist from the
        breakable grobs.  This allows you to set spacing using

        \property Staff.Clef \override #'space-alist = '(....stuff....)

        * lily/bar-line.cc, lily/include/bar-line.hh: change name from Bar
        to Bar_line. Move files around as well.

        * lily/time-signature.cc (time_signature): left align time signatures.

        * mf/feta-timesig.mf: Remove padding from C-style time signatures.
        Corrections of the glyph shape C. Comments added.

2002-03-02  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * lily/spacing-spanner.cc: move from third-try.cc; rename
        Third_spacing_spanner to Spacing_spanner.

        * lily/staff-spacing.cc (get_spacing_params): redo prefatory
        spacing stuff. Much cleaner now, and we prepare for neat spacing
        tricks around bar lines and such.

        * lily/third-try.cc (prune_loose_colunms): bugfix. Don't init
        variables with themselves. (Ouch.)

        * lily/span-bar.cc (brew_molecule): don't try to span bars that
        overlap.