info-lilypond

lilypond 1.5.38

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: lilypond 1.5.38
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:07:28 +0100

Dear lilypond users,

1.5.38 is out, and I am quite proud of it: I've added many nifty new
hacks to the spacing engine.  The result is a more regular look. It
should improve almost all pieces of music. For comparison, you can try
running

  input/baerenreiter-sarabande.ly

or

   mutopia/J.S.Bach/Petites-Preludes/prelude-2.ly

with .38 and an earlier release.  I'm rather pleased with results, but
of course I'd love to get some feedback.

This release also has shaped heads (only the glyphs), and some tweaks
to the natural sign and the F-clef.

2002-03-11  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * lily/grob.cc (warning): Use cause tracking to give more
        meaningful errors from the backend.

        * lily/property-iterator.cc (check_grob): Warn if setting grob
        property in unknown grob.

        * mf/feta-toevallig.mf: brushed stems for natural sign.

        * lily/molecule.cc (align_to): don't translate empty molecule.
        (this triggers a very subtle bug in time-signature.)

2002-03-10  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * lily/spring.cc: remove file.

        * input/regression/spacing-stem-bar.ly: new file

        * lily/score.cc (run_translator): resurrect point-and-click

        * input/baerenreiter-sarabande.ly: Copy Barenreiter beaming
          for
        sarabande layout

        * lily/spacing-spanner.cc (find_shortest): Shortest note for
        spacing is now globally determined, using the most common
        shortest
        note. Notes that are shorter are spaced geometrically, and
        with
        expand hints. This makes spacing more even, and measures that
        have
        very short notes won't be that stretched out.

        * mf/feta-klef.mf: F-clef fixes, documentation on the
        shape. (WARNING: font changed.)

2002-03-09  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * lily/simple-spacer.cc (add_columns): support for infinitely
        stiff springs.

        * lily/staff-spacing.cc (get_spacing_params): space after
        prefatory matter is fixed.

2002-03-08  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * lily/note-spacing.cc (stem_dir_correction): Correct spacing
          for
        barline following an upstem.

        * lily/staff-spacing.cc (extremal_break_aligned_grob): destill
        function from next_notes_correction().
        (bar_y_positions): idem.

2002-03-04  Han-Wen Nienhuys  <address@hidden>

        * input/regression/break.ly (texidoc): bugfix: escape \ in
        strings.

        * lily/staff-spacing.cc (next_notes_correction): Correct the
        spacing of a note following a barline.

2002-03-04  Glen Prideaux

        * mf/feta-solfa.mf: Shaped note heads