info-lilypond

lilypond 1.5.42

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: lilypond 1.5.42
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:27:42 +0100

Hi there,

Jan and me spent the weekend studying the beam quantization, and
rewrote it the code completely. It now catches practically all cases
of ugly beams. Unfortunately it is rather slow, but we hope to improve
this in future releases.

Other highlights: new font installation code by Mats, font tweaks by
me.

2002-03-15  Mats Bengtsson  <address@hidden>

        * buildscripts/lilypond-profile.sh:

        * mf/GNUmakefile (INSTALLATION_OUT_DIR*),
        buildscripts/lilypond-login.sh,
        buildscripts/lilypond-profile.sh:
        Implement new font installation strategy

        * Documentation/misc/fontinstallation (TEXMF): Documentation
          of
        the new font installation strategy.

        * lilypond-mode.el (LilyPond-mode-map): Add shortcut "CTRL-c
          ;"
        for comment-region.

        * input/test/staff-size.ly: Simplified using StaffContainer

        * mf/GNUmakefile (ALL_GEN_FILES): Actually generate the
        lilypond.map file

2002-03-17  Han-Wen  <address@hidden>

        * mf/feta-schrift.mf: endless twiddling of Tr.

        * mf/feta-eindelijk.mf: 8th rest: make darker, top of brush
          lower, and
        endless twiddling with the bulb shape.

        * lily/note-head.cc (internal_brew_molecule): make ledger
          lines a
        little smaller if there is an accidental.

2002-03-17  Jan Nieuwenhuizen  <address@hidden>

        * scm/ps.scm (bezier-sandwich): Draw circles at slur ends.

        * lily/beam.cc (score_stem_lengths): new quanting stuff
        (score_forbidden_quants): Second and third beam quant stuff.

2002-03-16  Jan Nieuwenhuizen  <address@hidden>

        * lily/beam.cc (least_squares): Remember least-squares-dy for
        later use.
        (quantise_interval): Don't quant to dy steeper that
        least-squares-dy.  Return empty interval if no sane quants
        found.
        (quantise_position): Try quantise_interval until we have
        acceptable solution.

2002-03-15  Jan Nieuwenhuizen  <address@hidden>

        * scm/interface-description.scm (beam-interface): Update.