info-lilypond

LilyPond 2.5.12 is out

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: LilyPond 2.5.12 is out
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:35:00 +0100

LilyPond 2.5.12 is out.

   * The big news is that this release supports TrueType fonts. This means
     that it is now possible to use *all* fonts available via FontConfig.

     For an example using Japanese, see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-encoding

     (Of you're all welcome to contribute a less nonsensical text/music
     example. I don't have a clue what this reads :-)

   * With the new `tieWaitForNote' property, arpeggios may be written
     out using ties, for example,

     \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
     \grace { c16[~ e~ g]~ } <c, e g>4

     Thanks to Steve Doonan for funding development of this feature.

   * Individual objects may be assigned colors, for example,

        \override Beam #'color = #cyan
        \override NoteHead #'color = #darkyellow
        c4

     Thanks to Erlend Aasland for this patch.

   * Werner improved the outline calculations of the feta-alphabet
     font.

   * There are some bugfixes in the chord-name handling.

   * LilyPond will install correctly with tetex-3.0 (or so I believe)

   * Slur dashing functionality has improved

   * Jurgen fixed a bunch of glyph problems in the ancient notation
     code.

Enjoy!