info-lilypond

LilyPond 2.5.28 for Microsoft Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: LilyPond 2.5.28 for Microsoft Windows
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:35:58 +0200

The installer has been updated

    http://lilypond.org/mingw/setup.exe
    http://lilypond.org/mingw/upgrade.exe

and lots of bugs have been fixed.  Chinese fonts may work, as we now
use the included ttftool font load mechanism on Windows too, so that
we're not pestered by ghostscript bugs.

Please test.

Jan.

CHANGES
  * update to lilypond-2.5.28
    - rewrite ps2png in scm, fixes PNG output (add --png flag manually),
    - more robust font loading through ttftool, instead of ghostscript,
    - lots of bugfixes.
  * include new package gs-fonts-ncsb with new century schoolbook fonts,
    this should fix use of ugly Verdana Bitstream.
  * lilypond.bat: typo fixes.
  * *.bat: quoting of cd and set arguments for lesser Windows versions.
  * ly context menu: generate PDF should now use regular Windows file
    names instead of MSDOS names.
  * out of environment space (ooes) test for lesser Windows versions
    (untested).
    The test shows a warning popup at the end of the installation
    procedure if environment space problems are detected.  This is
    untested code as we only received bug reports, but no working
    useful test results or code snippets yet.
  * lilypad: argv[0] bugfix/workaround, now can be invoked as
    `lilypond foo.ly'.  This may or may not fix a reported crasher, we
    only received a complaint but no useful bug report or backtrace
    yet.
  * syn editor support.