info-sather

beta-4

From: Keith Hopper
Subject: beta-4
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:48:43 +1300

Hi,
     After a day's delay chasing a compression problem I have finally just
put up beta-4 to our web site -

          http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/sather/index.html

     There are quite a number of changes :-

     a.   I have moved browse, lcc, csgui, etc into an auxiliaries
     directory - since they aren't directly concerned in compiling/running.
     Provided your Tcl/Tk and gnu libraries are consistent it seems to work
     - I hope - although for Win32-cygwin there is at the moment an
     inconsistency in handling/mis-handling file names so that the Tcl/Tk
     stuff looks for a file with the half-munged name - the program with
     the fully munged name - weird.

     b.   I have added a great deal of internationalisation stuff - mainly
     specs and extra code tables (in source form only at the moment).

     c.   I have added an 'Extras' section to the library as an incentive
     to others to produce additional libraries - most of it is related to
     sound, drawing and dtp activities.

     d.   I have also done a large number of efficiency improvements in
     various places in the Required Library.

     e.   The release has been tested with gcc 2.95.2 and cygwin 1.1.4
     libraries under win32 and the same compiler and gclib6 under linux.

     Have fun!

     Again sorry for the delay.

             Keith

--