info-sather

Re: A question about porting Sather to Win32

From: Eray Ozkural (exa)
Subject: Re: A question about porting Sather to Win32
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:07:01 +0200

Hiroyuki Kai wrote:

> Hello, I'm interested in Sather since I've known Ruby.
> (Do you know Ruby, object oriented script language created in Japan?)
> Ruby's author is speaking well of Sather as OO language.

There are ruby packages in debian, and far as I've seen the author
has put a lot of work into making an elegant interpreted language.
I haven't written anything with it, but I've observed many
libraries being developed for it.

> I have a question.
> I use Win32. Is there any Win32 ported sather compiler?

You could try to compile it for cygwin32 or UWIN. You'll also
need libgc5 and tk4.2

I haven't done that but given the amount of successful porting
to cygwin I presume it wouldn't be very difficult.

Let us know if you get it running.

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural