info-sather

Sorry about the silence

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Sorry about the silence
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:04:19 +0200

Hi there,

sorry about the silence since the last thread about the project lead for
Sather. I suddenly had to get so busy for my studies that I couldn't pay
attention to that topic at all.

Just two points:

----
1. No there has been no traffic at all on any mailing list during the last
month. The only parallel mailing list to the "comp.lang.sather" newsgroup that
I know of is <address@hidden>. I'm tracking both the group and the list.

Last state I know of was: the list->group link is working well, while
group->list has been dead for a long time no. I've been nagging the gnu-people
for quite a while now, but nothing happened. One of the first things that
should happen in sourceforge might be a clean communication-channel to be set
up.

At the moment, if you do not want to miss any info: read the newsgroup. And if
you want everybody to hear you: post to the list. (Sorry about that
inconvenience. I'm in the lucky situation that my mail/news-setup allows this
combination. It certainly is not the perfect solution for everyone.

----
2. Last state I know of was that we were in the middle of the question "Who is
gonna do the next step?". Jeff Regan and John Meacham offered to step in a
project leaders. For the moment, I'd suggest that you both share that job,
depending on the tasks that show up on the road.

As it seems there have been no hard objections against setting up a
SourceForge development area. Jeff, have you done anything in that respect yet?

----

OK, that's it already for now. I really hope, that the group of
Sather-developers might reach a critical mass one day, where the project just
keeps rolling by itself. :-)

Ciao,
Nobbi

--