info-xnee

[Info-xnee] 3 issues: compile on Sun & q on func & man page

From: Andreas Haupt
Subject: [Info-xnee] 3 issues: compile on Sun & q on func & man page
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:21:28 +0100

Hello all,

(this is for xnee 1.08 on Gnome)

1) in order to compile xnee correctly on my Sun (Sol9) I had to enhance
   the makefiles slightly:
        libxnee/src/Makefile: added -DNEED_EVENTS and -DNEED_REPLIES
        xnee/src/Makefile: added -ldl and -lrt for dl lib and sem_ libs.
    so far it is running nicely (I'm a first time user though)
    btw: I compiled this without a GNU env, just using the Sun libs and the Sun
Forte compiler.

2) on xnee functionality:
        I tried to use xnee to start mozilla and log into an application. I'm
facing 2 things here:
        mozilla sometimes starts late (depending on the system load) and then
        mouse clicks and key events happen before the window is actually
rendered
        ie. unforeseen things happen (at other times it is ok).
        and: the mozilla window is not always displayed at the same position
ie. the
        mouse clicks do not occur at their expected places (eg. on the title
bar rather
        than in the URL field)

        can xnee tackle these issues (and how)?

3) the man page lists
        no-sync in the example but it is not explained in the options: can this
be added?
        print-reply-names in the options but the program fails with
           Could not parse "--print-reply-names"
        why is this ?

Rgds
Andreas
WEB.DE FreeMail wird 5 Jahre jung! Feiern Sie mit uns und
nutzen Sie die neuen Funktionen http://f.web.de/features/?mc=021130