info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Questions

From: Mauro Antonelli
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Questions
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:04:01 +0200

Il giorno 05/ott/04, alle 12:18, Henrik Sandklef ha scritto:

Hello, I have two questions.
1) Is Xnee able to record mouse actions over multiple screens (not
displays)?
Xnee can record one (and only one) display.

What do you mean with screens? Physical monitors or screens as 1 in
"localhost:0.1"?

I do not know how Xinerama refers to the differens physical monitors (but probably it is one display (display as defined by X11) for both of them.

I have two phisical monitor, with two desktop (without xinerama). I can reference these desktop with localhost:0.0 and localhost:0.1 When Xnee is recording, action performed over both the screen are recorded, but on replay all the actions are reproduced on localhost:0.0

2) What is the meaning of columns in the produced file? (ex.
0,6,123,200,0,0,0,12343434).

In the latest documentation (CVS and on http://www.sandklef.com/xnee/) you
can find info about that.

The lines are text version of the recorded data. Column one is the Data
type (request, error, event, reply). Column two is the data nr (if data
type is event then number data number 6 refers to MotionNotify)... and on
and on and on. Please read the manual.

I'm sorry I've read the manual, but evidently whithout sufficient attention...

Regards.
Mauro Antonelli

--- www.gnu.org -----
     \  `  /